• External Research: Perform PEST (i.e. Political, Economic, Social, and Technological) analysis, identify key industry trends in the power industry and translate into report summarizing key drivers and make strategic recommendations on how to mitigate potential threats and capitalize on upcoming opportunities.
• Industry Research: Analysing the market consultation papers, regulatory news of the markets and putting into context its impact on our financial and commercial strategy.
• Competitor Analysis: Conduct and maintain SWOT analysis on each of our competitors and develop analytical tools to quantify their position relative to key energy industry competitive benchmarks and impact.
• Strategic Tools: Support strategy development projects, notably by developing the necessary market knowledge and statistical tools required for driving the business performance.
• Internal Research: Doing research on the effectiveness of the process flow in particular the data flow within the organization and identify potential improvements/synergy across different departments.
• Monitor & Review: Constantly monitor and review the progress and performance of the strategic plan
• Ad-hoc task(s) as assigned by General Manager, Portfolio Management
• Preferably Degree in Data Science/Analytics, Statistics or Mathematics Economics or Finance.
• Possess a high level of numerical and statistical mind-set.
• Possess good analytical and communication skills.
• At least 2 to 3 years of hands-on experience with data mining, machine learning, statistics and prediction.
• Experience with data and statistical languages/tools such as SQL, R, Python, SAS and similar.
• Candidates with experience in the National Electricity Market of Singapore (NEMS) have added advantage
• No experience are welcome to apply.
• For candidates who qualify the above requirements, you may be considered for a Senior Executive Level position.
• 5 days work-week
Interested applicants, please forward your detailed resume with enclosed photograph including your last drawn salary, expected salary and availability to [email protected]
Please indicate the position that you are applying on the subject.
(All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)